<VV> Fwd: [indyscca] Autocross /Aussie Pursuit

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 13:07:43 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: levair at aol.com
To: fastvair at yahoogroups.com; Yenko108 at hotmail.com;
indyscca at yahoogroups.com; FREDSCLASSICS at aol.com
Sent: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 11:09 pm
Subject: [indyscca] Autocross /Aussie Pursuit

How can you have so much fun without winning?

An Austrailian  Pursuit is a side by side race by two cars on opposite
sides of a peanut or snowman shaped course. After two laps the leader
is the winner. A cone is certain death. Think  bent circular drag race
or a "Pro Solo"
    You've seen this course if you raced around the "Tweety Head"  at
the Corvair Olympics.
   You have brackets like  championship ball games, You start in the
winners bracket and then go to the loser's bracket and fight your way
back. If you lose twice then you get a free fun run. Every one else
pays an extra fee.
     Two years running running, I've finished 2nd over all in the
Corvair
Spyder Roadster. Both times I was beaten immediately by the eventual
overall winner and then fought my way back through the loser's bracket
via 7 runs to lose to the same car again. Rats---but it was great fun
dirt (dust?) tracking the car around.
      The car I lost to this year was the Lotus 7 clone (ultralight)
that my son Michael prepared(Levair Performance and Restoration)
---driven by Steve Brinkerhoff.
    This 1200# pound car has a front/ mid Honda S2000 drive train. Then
in the fun runs, Michael drove the Lotus and I got beaten again---Rats
again. Michael also brought Steve's OTHER Lotus (Honda) clone which he
got running just last Friday. At least I beat that one.
      All four of the heats were interesting; mainly in the fact that
all
types of cars ran heads up: 4wd rally cars VS rear drive pony cars,
Civics VS Miatas and MR2s. there certainly were a lot of different
lines. Nothing seemed move powerful than the Rally cars; they seem to
hurt a bit on the sweepers though.
    They can write their own report.
     It was a spectator delight sitting in the shade in the beautiful
weather, watching the races.
    If you missed this event, I feel sorry for you---very well run and
very exciting.

The Roadster is not broken yet after 8 runs at Ft. Wayne and 9  runs
here at 16 st.
    So I'm giving it a rest and running the CP Corvair Stinger  at
Grissom AFB on the 26th.

Then Sharon and I are taking the little car to Florida Nov 1 for the
SECC event as far as we know now.

It was a great day and I made it to Church on time again.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)