<VV> Convention

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Oct 10 13:11:11 EDT 2008

John,
I take SERIOUS offense with what you just wrote.  CORSA works very hard to work
out the details of a contract.  We took every precaution when doing this
contract.  In fact we were given more benefits for using this hotel then any in
the past.
As far as we are concerned we did very well with this contract.  The convention
services department contacted me and said Sarah we charge for parking now,
however there will be no charge for your guests who stay at the hotel.
------------------Smitty Says:  Sarah, the Buffalo folks did a pretty good job of making a cotton purse  out of a sows ear.  Many thanks to those who worked to salvage a bad situation.  That should have served as a warning to the people who worked on this convention.  Contracts are contracts.  Did you have one ?  If so, where does this guy get off changing the rules.  If not then it seems pretty short sighted in view of the previous problems, to not have that as a negotiation point in early talks, and made it a sticking point on the contract.  IMHO anyone driving a Corvair at a Corvair convention should be afforded access to the hotel parking lots.