<VV> The d*&% thing wont start!

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Sat Oct 11 11:32:56 EDT 2008

Here it is 11:30 Saturday morning and I had hoped to be on the road to Summit Point.  The thing will not run!  At the Olympics I dropped a valve seat.  I replaced the head--only the head was damaged.  Put in a new head that I had lapped the valves.  When I try to get it to run, it fires a little but will not run.  It bacfires through the carbs on the new head.  I've adjusted the valves twice now.  Once at 1/2 turn and then at one turn.  I never removed the distributor and the wires are in the right order.  I'm stumped.  Anyone with suggestions, please call me at 973-729-5586.  If I figure it out , I'll post that it's done.  Thanks.