<VV> Looking for help with a couple of problems

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Sat Oct 11 11:56:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just completed my first major trip with my 66 180 since its restoration a
few years back. All went well on the 500 km trip but I did have a couple of
issues, thankfully nothing major as we were crossing the Rockies in early
October!

The first was that the throttle is very "tippy" at 60 MPH cruising speeds.
It is almost like an on-off switch at that speed making it quite difficult
to maintain a steady speed. Is this common to turbos or is it a linkage
issue I need to figure out?

The second item is an oil leak that manifests itself on the sheet metal by
the turbo drain hose. I have replaced the hose and the clamps and this was
the first run since they were done and nothing has changed. Could it be
"backing up" from the intersection of the metal line that into the head?

Thanks in advance,

Bob