<VV> Exhaust Parts Recommendation

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 12 14:35:06 EDT 2008

>My last system lasted over ten years using FLAPS mufflers and Lon's  U-tubes.
>I've  always made up tight systems--I just want to spend less time on it ...

Sounds like you were happy with the results from your last effort, so
why would you want to deviate from proven success.  Ten years ain't too
bad for a driver Vair with split dual exhaust!  Now, if you only had it
out ten times in the last ten years, that might be a different matter.

If you want to spend less time on it, take it to a custom exhaust shop
and let them do the work and supply the parts; otherwise, it sounds like
you are stuck with the same program of using your time that you did ten
years ago.  I sure don't know of any "quick and easy" instant Corvair
exhaust-in-a-box or aerosol spray-on.  Your engine will align in the
body just enough different than mine to make custom adjustments a
requirement to get that "correct side discharge alignment" you desire.

Even oem factory exhaust didn't fit well without "adjustments" -- went
though several sets on a 140 Corsa back when this stuff was cheap and GM
was still 'making more'.  Welding it up with a cross pipe  helped hold
it all together.

Is anyone making a one piece cross pipe, dual muffler system (or just
the pipe) for the 140 manifolds?  Matt?

Bill Strickland