<VV> Could Have Been The 2010 Corvair...!!!!!!

MSYVairs at aol.com MSYVairs at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 11:51:11 EDT 2008

But it's the Camaro......

Bill"Swamp-Rat"Hadley

***************************************

GM starts Camaro price at $22,995

_Mary  Connelly_ (mailto:mconnelly at crain.com)

Automotive News |  October 14, 2008 - 12:01 am EST

DETROIT — Chevrolet's 2010 Camaro LS with a V-6 engine  will carry a base
sticker of $22,995, including shipping.
The 6.2-liter V-8-powered SS performance version will have a base  sticker
price of $30,995 with shipping.
Customer ordering begins today, Oct. 13, Chevrolet says. Production  starts
Feb. 16 at General Motors' Oshawa, Ontario, assembly plant.
Chevrolet will look beyond the Camaro's traditional competitors, the  Ford
Mustang and the Dodge Challenger, says John Fitzpatrick, Camaro  marketing
manager.
"We will work to expand beyond that set and look at all the sporty
competitors," Fitzpatrick says, citing the Nissan 350Z, Scion tC and Honda  Civic Si.
"We don't want to focus on just Mustang and Challenger," Fitzpatrick  says.
"We will keep them on the radar. But we think we have a product that  has the
styling, performance, safety and fuel efficiency to go up against  the best in
the market."
Asked what the greatest challenge is in launching the sporty Camaro in  a
time of worry over gasoline prices, Fitzpatrick says, "the biggest one  is the
unknown. Every day seems to bring something new to us. Our biggest  challenge is
getting out there and telling everybody they really need to  take a look."
According to Chevrolet, the 3.6-liter V-6 LS and LT versions are rated  at an
estimated 300 hp. LS and LT versions are expected to have an  estimated 27
mpg EPA rating in highway driving.
_
ENLARGE
_ (javascript:var n=1) Prices for  the Chevrolet Camaro range from $22,995 to
$30,995 for the SS model,  shown.