<VV> Proper Tire Pressure?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 15 13:12:07 EDT 2008

OK...  I've carried 24 front and 32 rear for about 20 years on Corvair cars.
I typically have about 100+ pounds of stuff in the trunk.  However, I've
recently put the HanKook tires on and they feel too mushy on turns at those
pressures.  So, I need to experiment with increasing the pressures a bit.

Are the Firestones single ply sidewalls?  If so, you might think about
raising the pressures a bit in order to compensate and avoid the mushy feel
(unless you like that).  If the trunk is empty, a 10 psi differential is
possibly more appropriate.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110