<VV> Vega/Vair Pressure Plate

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 00:52:57 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/17/2008 7:12:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca writes:

I  ordered up what I thought was a Vega clutch from Summit.  (It's going  in
the Rampside) Turns out I got a whole clutch set, which includes  the
pressure plate.  Any chance the 'vair and vega pressure plates  are
interchangeable?

Regards,
Joel

Joel - The original Corvair pressure plate is the same as the original Vega
- except that the Corvair has the starter ring added to it. I suppose that you
 could also add the ring, if you were a good welder and had the right welding
jig  to hold it in place. You might also be able to find a local clutch shop
that  will change the guts of your new pressure plate into an existing Corvair
clutch  cover. If you do that, inspect the ring gear welds really well first.
Some of  the spot welds can break cleanly which shortens the life of the
assembly - a  bunch. - Seth