<VV> 100 Octane Fuel

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Oct 19 16:36:34 EDT 2008

I bought about five gallons of the 100-octane leaded fuel that was
available at Summit Point.  I put two+ gallons in my track car along
with roughly seven gallons of unleaded premium, and the car ran very
nicely all day.  I brought the balance home and put it in my
Greenbrier for my local club's Fall Foliage Tour yesterday, with
about 14 gallons of unleaded premium.  The Greenbrier ran happily, too.

I used such a small mix because (a) I think that's all that's
necessary with my essentially stock engines, and (b), like Dave's
fuel, it was over 7 bucks a gallon.  I have a Corvair cheapskate
reputation to protect!

--Bob