<VV> CORSA CONVENTION / FLORIDA HEAT

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 19 16:43:24 EDT 2008

Hi everyone, I was giving serious consideration to attending the 2009 CORSA Convention. The last CORSA convention I attended was in Portland Oregon a couple of years back. So it's probably time to attend another. However attending a CORSA Convention for me means International Travel (14 hour flight from Australia to the west coast of the U.S.A.) before then flying domestically from LAX to Florida. So its quite a large 'financial investment. Nevertheless If I want to mix with my fellow CORSA members then there is no real alternative. My concern is the weather in Florida in July. I have visited Florida may times but my visits have always been during winter and even then the weather was quite hot. I understand that during summer Florida experiences daily temperatures of 85+ fahrenheit and afternoon thunder storms occur almost every day, making conditions very humid, sticky and uncomfortable. Of even greater concern is that some days these thunderstorms go on for hours with a lot of lightning. With this weather and my general dislike of hot weather I do wonder if perhaps I should wait for 2010 to attend my next CORSA Convention. Some how the idea of sitting in or driving a Corvair with original vinyl upholstery and no air conditioning in the likely Florida heat and humidity does not seem appealing. What's everyone's opinion on the above? Regards Carl L. Kelsen1965 Corvair Monza RHD convertibleMelbourne, Victoria, Australia