<VV> High Tire Pressures - long (sorry)

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 20 03:36:38 EDT 2008

>... I have to wrestle with the wheel when attempting to parallel park ... Guess we're all spoiled ...

Have you checked the lube in your steering gear lately?  I have always
felt just the opposite, that the steering is too light in any stock
Corvair except maybe it's about right with a quick box and arms and
smaller steering wheel, even when maneuvering into tight parking
spaces.  My norm is 25 F / 34 R or there abouts, depending.

And no, just because I have a Cave Car now, I am not some guy with huge
upper body strength -- maybe I'm just not spoiled ...

Granted, some folks may have other issues outside the norm, but methinks
that if you find the Corvair steering too, shall I say, rigorous, that
maybe you have a mechanical dysfunction?

mo,

Bill Strickland