<VV> Conventions in mid Summer

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Oct 20 15:19:22 EDT 2008

A couple thoughts, since this is still going on:

Kids are usually not at the events, except the autocross (where they
cheer for anyone who spins :-).  Kids are much less interested in a
static car show - I have kept mine busy taking pictures.  Otherwise,
you need to go to the pool to find them, or they're out doing
something with mom.  Lots of families go to the conventions, just 90%
of the time it's only the dads you see at the events.

Second, lots of jobs expect you to take off in the summer.
Everywhere I work, the place empties out in the summer, whether the
people have kids or not.  It's like taking off between Christmas and
New Year, if you tell them you want that week off, nobody bats an
eye.  Some businesses even close entirely that week.

--Bryan