<VV> High Tire Pressures - long (sorry)

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 15:43:45 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/19/2008 5:25:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gojoe283 at yahoo.com writes:

I find  that even with fronts at 25 psi, I have to wrestle with the wheel
when  attempting to parallel park.

Although I believe the tire pressure  differential is needed for the
Corvair's design, they should have offered  power steering for city dwellers who need
to jockey their cars into tight  parking spaces.

Wife and kids won't even attempt to parallel park the  thing with the manual
steering, as good as it is when the car is in  motion.

Guess we're all spoiled, since virtually all new cars have  assisted steering
as standard equipment these days..Bill H. 69 Monza 110  PG

What's YOUR Problem? I'm 70 years old and don't have any trouble steering  my
'65 unless somebody puts a couple of hundred pounds of cargo in the trunk.
It's still the lightest-steering car I've ever owned.

Scotty from Hollyweird