<VV> 100 Octane Fuel

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 15:53:33 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/20/2008 3:14:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jekepler at amplex.net writes:

In my  former life as mgr of Analytical Labs at U of Mi, I run a well
known octane  improver on the GC-mass spec and found out it was just
technical grade  toluene.

Many years ago, I worked as a lab technician for Wyandotte Chemicals; one  of
my jobs was collecting and analysing "aromatic distillate tops" which was a
mixture of benzene, toluene and xylene (mostly toluene.) The analysis only
used  a few ounces out of the quart bottle I collected so the rest of the bottle
went  into my fuel tank.  A few days' worth of this fuel additive made my
Kaiser with the Continental Red Seal engine run like the supercharged  model.

Scotty from Hollyweird