<VV> Conventions in the summer / Helen

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 20 17:11:04 EDT 2008

Hi everyone, Corvair Atlanta's Springfest is also weather "adapted"
and has almost always been held on the weekend of the last full week
in April. We have found that it is the best time to book the event
without a chance of really cold weather in the North Georgia
mountains. Generally it doesn't conflict with Easter weekend or
Spring Breaks although Spring Breaks are now varied in the  Georgia
school systems as well as many southeast states as well. However, as
anyone who has attended Springfest will attest, we cannot be held
responsible for spring showers or POLLEN ;-)

Chuck Armer
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 04:11 PM 10/11/2008, you wrote:
>I *think* I heard that it's specified in the CORSA bylaws that the
>national convention is in the summer.  Probably based on the idea,
>stated several times already, of kids being out of school.  This may
>not be an issue for some or even most of us, but until the bylaws
>get changed, it will be.  There are other CORSA (regional) events at
>other times of the year, like Helen, the Fan Belt Toss, Fire and
>Ice, etc.  that aren't required to be at any special time.

big snip + trailer
//////////////////////////////////////////

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director