<VV> Florida Convention

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Tue Oct 21 05:27:41 EDT 2008

Didn't see it in the dining guide, but I can personally recommend the
Argentinian Steak House in Jacksonville Beach (can't remember the name of
it). If you've never been, It's an awesome dinning experience. And then
there's the seafood restaurant at the south end of the Mayport ferry. Good
Eats, a little out of the way, but Good Eats none the less.

I actually saw this on a menu at a nicer "Upscale" restaurant in Daytona
FL.:  "Any menu item can be pureed."!  I suspect the same thing in JAX.

I suppose you've gotta love Florida, but the state motto should be, "I love
prunes!" (and the "State Bird" has GOT to be the mosquito or the cockroach)!
It isn't the "sun and fun" you see on "Miami Vice" or "CSI-Miami", the
entire state is one giant "assisted living" facility! Any time we had a meal
in Daytona.....we were the youngest people in the room....I figured the
median age anywhere we went was 75!  If you're looking for a little
action....you'd do well to bring along a bottle of Geritol and some
"Lawrence Welk" CD's...that'll help get you hooked up!

Daytona in Speed Weeks is the only place we raced where "hotness" was
definitely a relative term, and what passes for "track-honeys" there tend to
use walkers!  Florida will have to do a LOT better than being one giant OFC
and imitating Northwest Ohio in the middle of an August heat-wave for 6
months out of a year before it sees my sweaty fundament for any length of
time!

John