<VV> CORSA CONVENTION not family oriented

C. Raia c_raia at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 12:21:54 EDT 2008

Greetings from a very infrequent poster. I don't know yet if we'll attend the Jacksonville convention, but if we don't, it won't be for lack of interest in any of the expected activities. I'm amazed to see people think there aren't enough activities for non-motorhead spouses. At the conventions I've been to, the difficult part has been squeezing in all the things we want to do with the limited time available. I think the conventions at least in recent years have done a great job planning non-car activities. From white water rafting at Lake Placid to touring Amish country in Pennsylvania to the city tour and Niagara Falls at the Buffalo convention, I've always had a great time. I'm agnostic on the subject of conventions in summer vs. spring or fall. We no longer have a young kid, and I'm sure that's the case a sizable majority of CORSA members--but there are other reasons than just kids to have a convention in the summer. I don't think school spring
 vacation would be a viable option, though, there are just too many variables there. Many are in March, but in New England there are two weeks off, one in February and one in April. I know, we're weird.  New England schools also get out very late, in late June, and that has been an issue with some convention timing. On the other hand, summer can be HOT. I was at the Dallas convention for only one day, the day of the concours, and I've rarely been so hot in my life!

CR