<VV> Original Question: Go to Jacksonville

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Oct 21 18:34:23 EDT 2008

Chuck:  The statistics do not surprise me.  I don't know what the breakdown
is per month, nor do I care.  But remember Florida gets rain/thunderstorms,
and presumably lightning, 12 months of the year, while the mid-west, a much
bigger geographic area, typically only gets rain/thunderstorms with
lightning for maybe 9 months.  The rest of the time it is snow and ice....!
But even that is changing.  We haven't had a tornado watch or warning in 2
years where I live, and the "really good" thunderstorm are getting few and
far between.

What is spooky is lightning in a snow storm, especially at night.

Required Corvair content:  I was at St.Louis and remember watching the
weather channel and out the window as a thunder-boomer rolled toward the
Convention.  They cancelled the concourse because of the safety issues for
the judges.  I'm thinking the storm mostly died down and stayed on the
Missouri side of the Mississippi.  I'm not even sure it rained in
Collinsville.  Unfortunate for all the attendees like yourself, but
necessary.  Didn't want to risk having to use the insurance CORSA has.

Again, if I was flying half way around the world to attend a CORSA
Convention, I got to Jacksonville in a heartbeat rather than Iowa.  The
threat of bad weather, real or imagined, would be my deciding factor.

Historically Yours,
                   James

Message: 11