<VV> Original Question: Go to Jacksonville

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 20:12:43 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "James P. Rice" <ricebugg at mtco.com>
" We haven't had a tornado watch or warning in 2 years where I live, and the
"really good" thunderstorm are getting few and  far between."

I wish we were that lucky.   Less then a 100 miles south of James and
tornadoes have caused severe damage,  as has two ice storms.
St Louis, 1998,  did get heavy rain and lightning. Not a good idea to be out
in an open parking lot, with these lightning rods (light poles) every 50
feet.

Convention:
Jacksonville -- Near historic old towns from the early "pilgrim" days.
Short drive to some of the war between the state sites.   On a river, near
the ocean,  Lots of things for everyone to do.  Fun autocross sight. Race
course.  1969 Corvair re-union.  Weather should be predictable -- warm to
toasty.  humid, with a dash of rain.   Major airport in the town.

Cedar Rapids -- 50th anniversay of the 1960 model year.  Some unique
communities in the area to visit.  small town feel.  Corn.  Should be
another great convention.  weather less predictable,  but will be warm to
toasty, humid with a chance of thunderstorms.  Flood threat should be well
pass.   Airport is smaller, meaning will likely fly into Ohare (or Midway or
St louis) then to cedar rapids.

My choice: BOTH.  For the person who has to make a choice,  I would always
pick the earlier one, if possible.

Thanks James for getting back to the question

tim