<VV> sticking accelerator pedal

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Oct 21 21:27:24 EDT 2008

Hi Jeff,

I just did the on the '66, and have it on the short list on the '62
wagon.  First, you can't really lubricate the pedal swivel without
taking it apart.  Troubleshooting is pretty straightforward, take the
tunnel cover off, disconnect the pivots and see which one binds.
There are three - the pedal itself, the bellcrank at the rear of the
tunnel, and the one on the trans.  You can buy a new bushing for the
tunnel bc from the vendors, or you can make one out of a nylon spacer
from the hardware store.  In my case, the pedal pivot itself was
rusty, a good cleaning and greasing made things work they should.

--Bryan