<VV> 13 x 7 rims, Corvair size tires?, Kerwin call me

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 10:58:43 EDT 2008

Kerwin,

I have tried to email you and it looks like I may have the wrong address.

The parts you are looking for are here.

The 13 x 7 Corvair 5 bolt rims are the old school method of adding 1½ inches over stock wide which was allowed back in the day and still be stock.

The Legend car tires we ran by rule are; Legends Edition Comp T/A 205/60R1/13 HR4, the used tires I have here measure 22" tall, about 7" tread width, about 8" side wall width. Treadwear 300, Traction A Temperature A. These are well worn treaded street tires shaved for the banking at Wall Speedway, that are almost illegal for Legends races, but they run great on the Legends car.

I took some measurements of a used set of tires on my Corvair for comparison. BFG T/A Radial 185/70R/13 70H measure 23" tall, almost 6" tread width, almost 7½" side wall width. Treadwear 210, Traction A Temperature A.

I'll be posting photos soon of the 13 x 7 rims on the net. One pair is in "as arrived" condition and the other pair I started to clean up, but never finished as I am not sure if I will use these or sell them.

Looks like our emails aren't connecting.

Roy