<VV> FW: UPS Express Mail Scam - Buy some Corvair parts with the money

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sun Oct 26 02:14:25 EDT 2008

OK. However, the "loss" is just the amount of the check that wasn't real
in the first place.

I agree someone could get your bank information, but that's on any check
you write, or any transaction that goes through your bank, so what's the
hazard?

A few years ago, I put my Corvair in an online ad (I think it was on the
CORSA classified site) and someone emailed me from England, offering my
5 times what I was asking, and asked me to pay the shipper to ship my
car there, "in good faith."
Now THAT I can see as a scam, but just sending me a check ?

I got an email from a guy in Nigeria asking me if I want the money that
his family left to me.  I just have to open an account for him to send
me the money and put $1000 in the account, then wire him the AC # so he
can deposit my inheritance.

Uh-huh.  What could go wrong with that ;>}?

I'm trying to figure out how sending me a check can make anyone money?