<VV> The UPS Scam - no Corvair

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 26 08:54:29 EDT 2008

Several folks have (jokingly, I assume) suggested I attempt to cash the bogus cashier's check that I received. There are a couple of good reasons to try to put a stop to these things rather than try to scam the scammers. The first is that your character is the only thing the government can't take away from you so it must be protected at all costs. The second is that cashing it would give the crooks some information on my checking account, and possibly hurt a good working relationship that I have with my bank. I was hoping to get some more information to share with the Sec. of State (and the Attorney General) to hopefully track these guys down. While it probably doesn't seem like much with all the ones out there, it's similar to the starfishes on the beach story. Thanks for any useful tips.
Grant