<VV> UPS Scam facts disclosed

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sun Oct 26 16:04:46 EDT 2008

AH !  Sending them the "excess" is a fool's response. This was not
mentioned in the first post on this, just the part about getting check,
so now the scam is obvious.

Now I see it is just a variation on the guy who wanted me to send him
money before he paid for my Corvair.

The fact that UPS is not interested in doing anything about it, is
simply because the get paid to deliver packages, so their money is as
green as anyone else's.

If I got a check in any large enough amount, I would check the bank to
ensure that it actually cleared from the issuing bank BEFORE I shipped
whatever they bought.  This can be done, with a little effort, but it
can be done. If you don't do this, you deserve what you get (or don't
get, i.e.: paid)

-----Original Message-----
From: HallGrenn at aol.com [mailto:HallGrenn at aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 12:19 PM
To: chaz at ProperProPer.com
Subject: Re: <VV> UPS Scam

Actually they send you the bogus check first and you send them your
money for the "excess"--then the check bounces three weeks later and you
are cleaned out.  Your good check doesn't bounce--they've got your
money--and your "deposit" is deducted.

Bob

  _____

Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no
registration required and great graphics - check
<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1211202682x1200689022/aol?redir
=%0d%0ahttp://www.games.com?ncid=emlcntusgame00000001>  it out!