<VV> Gasoline/Ethanol (no Vair)

TDenk tdenk at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Oct 27 18:46:06 EDT 2008

Got a technical question.  Just spent $70 getting a $120 string trimmer repaired.  The problem was the ethanol in the gasoline had clogged up the carburetor.  Here in Florida we have up to 10% ethanol in the gas and you cannot get any without the ethanol.  I was thinking that since alcohol is more volitle than gasoline, I could leave a gallon of new gasoline exposed to the atmosphere until 20% to 30% had evaporated to remove the ethanol.

The question is, would this work to remove the ethanol or would it only concentrate the non alcohol gunk more and make things worse?  A gallon lasts me about 2 months so the additional cost is not important.

Terry
65 Monza vert