<VV> Hurst Shifter Installation Kit (not) for 61-64 Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 23:24:39 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/27/2008 7:41:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
corvair at trunkhill.com writes:

Did  Hurst really make shifter parts for the early model or is this
just  something someone has  mislabeled.

http://tinyurl.com/57wv9p

--
Scott  Trunkhill

It is mis-labeled. Whatever it fits, it isn't a Corvair. I pulled out my
Hurst catalog. 2007, but inclusive. Since they don't mention the kit P/N, I
can't tell you which other car this really fits. There are kits for most 3-speed
mid-60's and 70's US cars and trucks. I installed one of these kits in a 71
Chevy Van/tow vehicle. The semi-non-synchro 3-speed was "interesting" to
drive. but the 4-barrel 350 really towed well. I towed a friends 69 Monza  Show car
to the second Seattle convention and back. It did have some vapor lock
issues in hot weather hill climbing. But the shifter was fine. -  Seth