<VV> getting rings to seat?

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 18:00:24 EDT 2008

I have a '67 coupe with an 80 HP PG.  The previous owner liked the combo and thought it would be very economical(it isn't).  The PO rebuilt the engine about 5,000 miles ago and the rings have not seated yet.  I have some blow-by issues as it is getting in my heater system and makes me a little sick every time I drive it with the heat on.  I just discovered the o-rings on the vent tube leading to the air cleaner were worn out.  I took the turkey broiler off and replaced both of the vent tube o-rings.  This helped a wee bit.  I'd like to get the rings to seat.  Car was finished and sat 18 months as the PO had other projects.  I have put about 2500 miles on the engine and there is still some blow-by.  Any sage advice?  Ernie in Louisville