<VV> heater fumes

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 18:09:49 EDT 2008

I have been tracing this thing for a year.  The 67 coupe 80 HP/PG gets especially smelly when I push down on the gas pedal.  I have replaced all of the exhaust donuts on the exhaust tubes and the manifolds.  I have new hoses on the entire system.  I have a new heater fan.  Rebuilt engine engine has some blow-by and I feel most all of it is being channeled back into the air intake without a whole lot of leakage.  Any other things I have missed?  I am rebuilding a new engine for this car but looks like I will be driving this coupe this winter as the rebuilding process is waiting on lots of things like replacement heads, machine work, and all of the other things that pop up.  I'd like to drive this thing but I get almost sick every time I do!  Ernie in Louisville