<VV> Wheel cylinder sizes

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Oct 29 21:10:31 EDT 2008

At 11:40 AM 10/29/2008, Bryan Blackwell wrote:

>Thanks Bob.  Unfortunately that's not really an option on this car.
>Also, I'm interested just from a curiosity perspective as to how well
>the early brakes can be made to work.  I think with decent friction
>materials and better drums that will be sufficient for at least an
>occasional track day.

In my opinion, Bryan, early model brakes can be made to work just
fine.  Good friction material as you noted (I am using Kevlar from
"The Source") and maybe '64 rear drums.  I don't think I'd mess with
the Nissan drums.

The real weakness of stock early brakes is not stopping power but fade.

But... maybe I've lost track in all this discussion...  "for an
occasional track day," um, isn't this a Lakewood you're
assembling?  It's been done, years ago at Lime Rock, but...

--Bob

Robert W Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net