<VV> CERAMIC COATINGS CONT.

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Thu Oct 30 07:54:41 EDT 2008

Hi all here's some more info.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

Hi Guy,

Please get this to Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear about your dinged up head gasket surface, I would have
loved to find out how the ceramics work, especially with a lower
compression ratio.  The lower ratio allows more boost and subsequently
more torque.  Oh, well.  BTW, Chevrolet made a thicker barrel gasket for
the 140 w/ air conditioning to bring the ratio down about 1/2  point.
Of course, you can do the same thing by stacking two or more barrel
gaskets between the jugs and crankcase.  (I believe the 140 a/c gaskets
were twice as thick as standard.)

Kirk

P.S. I hadn't heard that the late turbo heads were more prone to pinging
than the earlies.  I am skeptical.