<VV> Antique Car Insurance

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Sep 3 23:07:45 EDT 2008

We use ours mostly as cars - but only on nice days.  There is a
visceral feel that just isn't present in most newer cars.  Don't know
if that works for everyone, but it's how we do the hobby.  Since it
came up, here's that update from the weekend I was meaning to write :-)

We got the '66 "parts" Corsa going this past weekend after the piston-
dectomy and master cylinder transplant (dual).  It's still idling a
little high, but after a 15 minute drive the lifters - adjusted to
3/4 turn cold - quieted down as predicted.  The 110 runs pretty peppy
and otherwise appears ok, so it will see some miles here and there as
conditions allow.  It will also be the training ground for Stefan to
learn how to drive a stick, once I have the above gremlins sorted
out.  We took it for a run to Wally World for oil and filter for my
Neon and let the lifters settle down.

The '62 wagon (Blackwell Corvair Wagon version 3.0) now runs too, and
the first of the "awesome racing seats" is installed.  This was
really necessary as it was parked behind the '66.  Turned out it had
5 Champion L-12Ys and one plug that sort of threaded in, but was way
too short.  A fresh set of plugs and it sounded way better, and
Trevor got to move it around the driveway.  Not a bad deal.  Still a
bunch to do, but it was progress.  With any luck we can soon use it
as our mobile baseball equipment locker.

--Bryan