<VV> Roadster Lives

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 16:25:13 EDT 2008

Today I got the Specialty class  64 Roadster running and loaded for the
Indy Region Grissom AFB autocross. I hope to represent Corvairs in a
FAST manner.
There are 6 E Modified cars listed. That must a be a record for a local
event. Most are Lotus 7 replicas. There are also two D Modified Lotus
7 clones entered, Michael will be driving one of them.
    As you know, the crankshaft broke about 2 weeks before the Corvar
Indiana Olympix. so I've been running the much slower CP Stinger.
     To replace a crank in a mid engined modified car requires totally
dissembling the rear half of the car---every piece. i worked very
slowly, just a few hours here and there--amazing how it all comes
together.
    Now if we could just get the 6 or so other Specialty Corvairs out
there together at the same time.
   I hope to make the November SECC event---hint, hint.

Warren