<VV> Corvair Seat (safety) Belt Length

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 21:12:08 EDT 2008

Hi eveyone,

I wondered if anyone might be able to answer the following for me? I am currently changing the interior colour of our 1965 Monza convertible from white to red. As part of this interior colour change I have to change the seat belt webbing to red webbing.

I have all the seat belt hardware required to end up with:

Two (2) front seat 'Deluxe' lap seat belts.
&
Two (2) rear seat 'Deluxe' lap seat belts.

My question is what was the correct length of these seat belts outboard and inboard sections originally?

I am using 1967-69 Corvair outboard seat belt retractors for the front seats as these keep the outboard sections of the seat belts neatly rolled up when not in use.

I believe that if the front outboard sections are made to long that they might not not roll back into the retractor enclosures correctly. I also appreciate that the rear seat safety belts will be 'shorter' in length than the front seat safety belts as they are mounted closer to the seat.

My problem is that I don't have anything to really go by in terms of an original Corvair seat belt. Can anyone advise?

Regards from Australia

Carl L. Kelsen
1965 right hand drive Corvair Monza convertible