<VV> Wiring harness replacement

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Sat Sep 6 12:31:28 EDT 2008

You know, I don't think that the vendors deserve all of the credit at all
with M&H. I have worked with M&H also to get the early heater harness for
the resistor and the 1960 500 engine and forward light harnesses made. When
working with them, I learned that they have the original GM plans for all
1960s cars.  Therefore, no vendor deserves credit for buying parts from
another vendor who purchased the plans and provides full support for all
these different makes and models, in addition to the Corvair. Some may
recall that Clark's used to advertise that they made their own harnesses in
the 80's and quietly gave up that sideline when M&H came along.  My
experience is that if you want it now, better to order from a vendor as M&H
will take a few weeks to knock one out.  However, until recently, some
specific applications were not available from Clark's (early 500 harnesses)
and if you wanted it you have to call M&H.
Finally, the main wiring harness is a bear to replace and you should not do
it unless you know what is involved or have someone experienced to assist
you.
Crawford