<VV> Wiring harness replacement

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 15:34:20 EDT 2008

With all due respect, Crawford, if it weren't for vendors who helped M&H and
others fund building/fabricating/machining items, many of those supporting
firms across the car hobby, wouldn't have had the market and capital to
develop those products and their businesses. And for marques like Corvair
with small numbers of aficionados, someone has to pay for developing those
products. Check into what a minimum is to produce something.  For a simple
example, to get an account with Fluidamper (high performance balancers), we
have to start with $2500 of purchases. Then we have to re-manufacture
(machine new parts to adapt to a Corvair crank) and pay for labor, etc. and
make a small profit. Means at least 12 need to be sold.  Russ Davis of
Bluechip Machine has made several adapters and is looking into this. (He
makes other specialty parts and tools for Clarks, that I know of).

My guess is for Clarks or Lon or anyone else to develop cylinders or
pistons, they had to order a whole bunch to get a price they could pass on.
That is money up front.  The reason it takes a while for M&H to deliver is
they build  them on order, as you know.  You want Clarks and Lons to have
them on hand... which means money up front.  Think of this example times ALL
the items they have reproduced and have on hand....

So I disagree. Our vendors deserve a whole bunch of credit for providing
capital to carry items on hand and reproduce items.  Support your Corvair
vendors.

Chuck Sadek
BBRT