<VV> Ultra Van question / hydraulic brake lock

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 09:11:29 EDT 2008

Joe, and everyone else,
:-)
This particular Ultra has disc in the rear, drum in the front. Originally
all Ultras had drums front & rear, with the front from a Chevy II and the  rear
being LM Corvair.... the current rear disc brakes are "80-something Buick"
according to an "inside source with the UltraVan Underworld" (a.k.a. Jim
Davis)... I've not personally inspected the Ultra, but will in a few weeks... it
might be something as simple as correctly bleeding the air out of the system (to
 cure the mushy feel)... but the parking brake fix is going to take a LOT of
thinking...
By the way, THANK YOU for ALL the tips and ideas you sent me over the last
few days... keep them coming!!!!
As for converting back to drum, I have no idea if she has the parts for  such
a project... but it wouldn't hurt to look.
Thanks for the input Joe... and I'll keep y'all posted.
Lonzo

In a message dated 9/7/2008 8:50:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,