<VV> Ultra Van question / hydraulic brake lock

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 08:49:22 EDT 2008

Hi, Maybe I missed something in the original post, but I have been thinking that the Ultra Van (is that UV exposure?) has four-wheel disk brakes. I'm also thinking that the UV has a Power Glide, so no park - in which case a mechanical e-brake is a must have feature. I like keeping things simple; if the UV has four-wheel disk brakes, I think the the mechanically easiest and simplest is to convert the rear disks back to drum brakes and reinstall the e-brake for the rear drums. The UV would have disks on front and drums on the rear, but this combination worked well for my 70 Camaro, and was easy to maintain. At any rate, this is just a thought, and, if I have totally misunderstood - never mind ...

Joe White (62 sedan, 64 Spyder Coupe, 66 Porvair)
CORSA, RMC