<VV> Hydraulic park-locks, my experiences

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Sep 7 20:30:30 EDT 2008

I installed one of these items on my Powerglide dune buggy and it is
worthless!  By the time you climb out of the seat it has already
released and you are rolling downhill.
An emergency brake or parking brake needs to be a cable operated system
completely separate from the vehicle's hydraulic brake system.  I will
be installing a mechanical system soon.  Of course in my situation I can
just toss a chunk of wood under the wheel but that doesn't help if you
lose the hydraulic system while rolling.
Clark Hartzel