<VV> Leaky float repair - Prevention ?

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 8 00:49:28 EDT 2008

I've often wondered about dipping the floats in Red Kote gas tank
sealer and letting them drip dry (or perhaps brushing it on to get it
as thin as possible) as a preventative measure.  What say the gallery?

Like I'm going to be worrying about working on float leak prevention
anytime soon.  : (

Stephen

<snip>

From: Doug Mackintosh <dougmackintosh at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Leaky float repair

Hey gang! I have a leaking Rochester float. One boom is sloshing.
When I submerge it in hot water it makes a bubble.
?
I thought I had read recently how to get the liquid out and then seal
these leaks, but I've looked everywhere I could think of and can't
find it. Does anyone have a technique, or know where it has already
been documented??
?
Thanks

-- Doug Mackintosh