<VV> CORRECT FAN COLOR?

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 16:27:12 EDT 2008

PErhaps there were different surface preps. The batch I have are dark
to black, all over, including the hub areas, and it doesn't appear to
be paint. Whatever that coating is, it doesn't come of at ALL easily.
Not even with scraping. Magnesium can be anodized, but it's a rather
different process than aluminum. And they can add dyes and pigments to
the bath to color the coating. Knowing how easily mag corrodes, there's
gotta be some kind of barrier coating on these.
Weren't these originally made by Donaldson? Not saying anyone's wrong,
just spitballing here.