<VV> Clicking noise deturninmed

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Sep 9 20:43:32 EDT 2008

Well people,

First of all, Thanks for all the input. I just couldn't wait until weekend
after next. Soo,

I drove slowly with the top down and my son in the back seat leaning over.
The noise is on the right side. I jacked up only the right rear side,
rotated the tire and heard the sound. I also had a slight bit of play while
rotating the tire forward and back. That made the sound. I then reached
under and rotated the axle with my hand and was able to create the sound. No
question that it is a bad U-joint. I have just ordered two from a major
Corvair supplier and will replace both of them weekend after next. I know
that I need to grease them properly.

It looks to me to be a very simple job. Am I right or is there some gremlin
under there that I need to know about? (no, I have not been driving over old
American Motors cars)

Once again, Thanks for all the advice.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder Vert