<VV> U-joint replacement

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 23:01:36 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/9/2008 7:47:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dave.thompson at verizon.net writes:

  Back in the 80's I had a 70 mustang. I used a socket and large  "C"
clamp to press the U-joints out/in. It worked very well.  Can I  plan to do
the same thing?

Why??  ggg

Just lay the old U-joints  uncapped Crossshafts across an open
vice....insert axle temporarily  for holding level.

Using a mallet... tap down on the splined part of the yoke... one cap  pops
up... rotate 180Deg.   tap.. the other pops out

The Vice and the Socket  work fine for pressing...

Just be glad this is a west coast car and not  a rust  bucket...then a Torch
is needed many times..

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Web Tinyurl.com/3ds7d
somewhere between Sea  Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.