<VV> Oil Pressure Light after Oil Change

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Wed Sep 10 10:42:06 EDT 2008

THe key here is the pressure washing of the engine.  Ive noticed on several occasions that the press light comes on if I hose off the engine.  My theory is that the switch isnt water proof and being in the upright position that it is on our vairs, water gets in the top and sits there, shorting the connection and illuminating the light.  It has always gone away after a lengthy idling session and subsequent heat soaking which evaporates the water.  I suppose an application of blow dryer would do it as well.

Everett Wilson
North Ricland Hills TX