<VV> repainting engine shrouds

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 10:43:13 EDT 2008

I need to remove and repaint the engine shrouds in my lm convertible.

I wish to be as accurate as I can with the resto, a "stock is" approach. So the question is, how did Chevy originally prepare the shrouds?
Was it black enamel paint on bare sheet metal?
Was it black lacquer on primed sheet metal?
hi temp paint?
powdercoating? (technology not available in the 60's?)

and other process questions would be:
- to remove old paint and prep shrouds, media blasting? sand, walnut shells? chemical stripping?

want best results, likely to have a service provide the "process", but want to set a directive.

-chris mann
"super genius" in a Wile E Coyote kind of mood....lol.