<VV> Adjusting brakes

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 13:32:33 EDT 2008

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:52:01 +0000
From: sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Subject: <VV> adjusting brakes and dumping ATF fluid

Hey all,
   Also, I have never adjusting the drum brakes in my corvair before. I
put in a new dual master cylinder and new wheels cylinders all the way
around, so I need to adjust all the brakes, what do I need to do?

Charles '65 Monza 95hp PG

Charlie, 1965 brakes are self adjusting so you don't have to do
anything.  If you replace the shoes then you will have to crank the
adjusters down to allow for thicker material in the shoes but just
replacing cylinders doesn't affect the adjustment.
Clark Hartzel