<VV> Thanks

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Thu Sep 11 20:58:36 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the kind comments and congratulations.
For those who might not know me, I've been on VV about 10 years, not as long as some, but long enough that I feel comfortable as the new chair.

My first Corvair was my first car, a 63 Monza I got in 1970.  A few years later, I briefly had a 65 Greenbrier (wish I still had it).  I got my current Corvair in 1997, found my local club, CORSA and VV shortly afterwards and have been active in CORSA and VV ever since.  I've attended every Eastern and Central Division convention since 1998 and been to all the VV meetings except last year.

 I have opinions, which I haven't been shy about sharing, on all the major controversies:  early vs. Late, points vs. Pertronix, electric vs. mechanical pumps, vlaves adjusted hot vs. cold.  We've beaten those dead horses, so no point in doing it again.

In closing, let me say, "Keep doing what you're doing"

Mike Ioanes