<VV> Ignition resistor wire and Corvair Ignition Wiring Diagram- edited

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Sep 12 19:12:57 EDT 2008

OK, eagle-eyes here it is again !

This was not supposed to be a pop-quiz, but it seems you all passed with
flying colors (except me ?) !

Hope this works.

(I'll add the starter too, but first I wanted to "complete" the GM
diagram in the manual that doesn't show the ignition switch etc.)

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of BobHelt at aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 3:23 PM
To: chaz at ProperProPer.com; hyarnell1 at earthlink.net;
virtualvairs at skiblack.com
Subject: Re: <VV> Ignition resistor wire and Corvair Ignition Wiring
Diagram- edited

In a message dated 9/12/2008 1:06:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

Thanks,
Charlie
1967 Monza coupe (previously  orphaned)

Well, while we're all being technical, your condenser (capacitor) is
connected wrong too. The wire lead of the capacitor should connect to
the upper
portion of the points (the moveable portion).  The stationary portion is

grounded. You show the wire going to the grounded portion. Regards,  Bob
Helt

**************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion
blog,