<VV> More '61 questions

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 12 19:48:41 EDT 2008

Upon pulling the tin from the subject engine we found the following:
	1. right head 3856632 '64 102 hp
	2. left head   3795960  '62-'63 98 hp  backwards (actually the right head on the left side!)
 I think both head chambers are virtually the same in configuration. Question is....is there any significant difference in the heads? OK to leave them as is and finish up the cleaning/painting? Were the compression ratios the same. I don't have that info. The engine does run and the PO did some strange stuff. The engine is a van coded V block, side oil filler, dip stick solid pulley and has the mag fan which led us to believe it was a 95 hp.
 MIKE KOVACS