<VV> Ignition circuit diagram

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Sep 12 21:24:10 EDT 2008

Oh, I think I see what you mean ...

The firing order was not the subject of my investigation, but rather the
coil-points-condenser part was.

The manual shows the distributor and block from different angles, if I'm
not mistaken ?

Figure 49 (pg 12-27) does not include a diagram of the distributor
'internals' which is the subject of this effort.

My diagram (correctly ?) turns the engine block in that figure 90
degrees CW, and leaves the rotor as is, so that they are both oriented
as though you are standing behind the car, looking forward.

If you do that, then plug wire #1 is correct ?

The manual's figure doesn't indicate that the condenser is grounded, or
how the points connect up in the circuit, which is what I was trying to
do.

Here is the new version with visually accurate spark plug wires :
http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/CorvairIgnitionWiring.jpg

Thanks for the 'proof reading' everyone !

Charlie