<VV> CORVAIR SHOP MANUAL on DVD ? (Response to Old post)

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Sep 16 12:35:59 EDT 2008

Is the Corvair manual available on CD/DVD ?

I've seen excerpts but they seem to be scans of the GM manuals with the
same errors and omissions.

Has anyone issued a 'corrected' version ?

Does GM still hold the copyright, or has it fallen into the public
domain ?

Can one of us scan it in and make comments and corrections without GM
hitting us with 'copyright infringement' ?

I wouldn't mind paying for them, but the ones I've seen are just
verbatim copies.
Do we have to design it from scratch to avoid lawsuits ?

Like this :
http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/CorvairIgnitionWiring.jpg

This diagram is not in the manual and I couldn't find one I could use so
I made this one.
It is mine so there is no problem with copyrights.

I'd like to scan in the originals and modify them (or see someone else
do some) for online access too.

What do you guys think ?  Is there a need for this ?  Which parts ?

Charlie